anomaly

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon May 11 02:11:14 EDT 2015

On Monday 11 May 2015 10:57, zipher wrote:

> I guess everyone expects this behavior since Python implemented this idea
> of "everything is an object", but I think this branch of OOP (on the
> branch of the Tree of Programming Languages) has to be chopped off.  The
> idea of everything is an object is backwards (unless your in a LISP
> machine).  Like I say, it's trying to be too pure and not practical.

Python is in production use in hundreds of thousands of organisations. It
has been heavily used for over twenty years, in everything from quick and
dirty one line scripts to hundred-thousand LOC applications. As well as the
obvious OOP features, it includes features and idioms from imperative,
procedural, functional and pipe-lining programming languages, with explicit
influence from Pascal, C, Haskell, Dylan and Lisp, among others.

Yeah, "too pure and not practical". You're a funny guy.

--
Steve