OFFTOPIC, WAS Re: Confessions of a Python fanboy

zipher dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sun May 10 22:27:39 EDT 2015

On Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 9:18:55 PM UTC-5, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 12:11 PM, zipher <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Please take care of your quoting. You just quoted two other posts, and
> >> I have no idea who said things without going and digging in the
> >> archive.
> >
> > I'm sorry.  I've been sleeping on the beach, away from civilization, a little too long, and didn't see that this was a post from 6 years ago.
> >
> > Feel free to disregard.
>
> That actually has nothing to do with it. You're still quoting without citation.

Well, I replied right at the point of my correspondent (Alex23).  If googlegroups isn't tracking that fact, it shouldn't put a reply button at every single message, but only at the end of the thread.

> This is why Google Groups has such a bad reputation. I think it's time
> for me to *plonk* you.

I see.  Someone should inform google not to put a reply after every post, but only at the end of a thread so users don't assume that it's tracking thread hierarchies.  So you're point is apropos, if that's the case.

In which case, my reply was to Alex23 who was replying to the OP's first post who goes by the name "r".

Mark