anomaly

zipher dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sun May 10 21:18:52 EDT 2015

> Huh?   Python has plenty of keywords, and indeed, none of them can be
> redefined or shadowed.    But you would gain nothing (and lose a bit or
> dynamic-language freedom) by making int a keyword.

Okay.  I apologize for thinking in C and believing "int" was a keyword.  It isn't in Python as you remind me.  However, this is where I'm arguing the purity has hammered practicality into the ground.

Python is trying to be as elegant as LISP in trying to make everything an Object.  It's not necessary, and it's trying to put lipstick on a pig instead of making BBQ.  Python will be as elegant, but in a different direction of the axis.

That difference is exactly like how Philosophy is different from Math -- both require logic, but go in different directions with it.  Python makes classes, when LISP tries to make classes to try to be like C++ it also looks equally stupid.  So don't do it.  Let them be different specializations.

mark