getting fieldnames from Dictreader before reading lines

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sun May 10 07:13:49 EDT 2015

On 05/09/2015 09:51 PM, Vincent Davis wrote:
> On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> wrote:
>>
>> 1) you're top-posting, putting your response  BEFORE the stuff you're
> responding to.
>

> I responded to my own email, seemed ok to top post on myself saying it was
> resolved.

Yeah, I overreacted.  There has been a lot of top-posting lately, but if
a message is expected to be the end of the thread, I shouldn't care what
it looks like.  Sorry.

>> 2) both messages are in html, which thoroughly messed up parts of your
> error messages.
>
> I am posting from google mail (not google groups). Kindly let me know if
> this email is also html.

Still html.  It didn't matter in this case, but html can cause painful
formatting.  And worse, it'll be different for different recipients.  So
some people will see exactly what was sent, while others will see things
messed up a little, or a lot.  The formatting can get messed up by the
sender's mailer, or by the receiver's mail program, or both.

Dennis showed you what your current message looked like, so I won't
repeat the whole thing.  But your original message had a
"multipart/alternative" which gets interpreted as plain text by many
mail programs (including mine == Thunderbird), but it was already
misformatted, with newlines in the wrong places.  And it had an "html",
which was correctly formatted, or at least could be interpreted
correctly by mine.

So the output of google mail was in this case just plain wrong.

Any reason you're using google mail when you have your own email address
+ domain?

--
DaveA