IDLE Restoration

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri May 8 20:24:11 EDT 2015

On 5/8/2015 11:26 AM, subhabrata.banerji at gmail.com wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> In many applications there is a facility to restore its previous sessions, especially if they close accidentally.
>
> Does IDLE have any such facility?

No.  You are prompted to close unsaved files. Filenames are saved in
Recent files, making it easy to reopen.

I have used Notepad++, which automatically reopens files left open when
last closed, but I find that to be a nuisance as much as a help.  But it
is less a nuisance in Notepad++ because it has one tabbed window instead
of multiple windows (something I would like for Idle).

--
Terry Jan Reedy