Throw the cat among the pigeons

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 6 16:23:13 EDT 2015

On 06/05/2015 17:17, Ian Kelly wrote:
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 1:08 AM, Steven D'Aprano
>>
>> Besides, "typical load" is a myth -- there is no such thing. A high-end
>> Windows web server getting ten thousand hits a minute, a virtual machine
>> starved for RAM, a Mac laptop, a Linux server idling away with a load of 0.1
>> all day... any of those machines could run your code. How can you *possibly*
>> say what is typical? The very idea is absurd.
>
> Agreed.

I must disagree with this, on the grounds that a "typical load" of old
cobblers are frequently spouted on this list.  Practicality beats purity
any day of the week.  But no, this '=' is misused, it should have been
':='.  Who really cares, if you don't like the language, pick another
one, there's thousands of them to choose from.  Ah, another chance for
me to plug the virtues of CORAL 66 and CORAL 250.  Capability violation
anybody?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence