Is it normal to cry when given XML?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 5 19:35:59 EDT 2015

On 05/05/2015 10:28, Sayth Renshaw wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just checking if the reaction to cry when given XML is normal.
>
> I thought maybe I am approaching it all wrong, using lxml largely or some xquery to club it into submission.
>
> See the usual goal is just to take the entire XML and push it into a database. or in future experiment with Mongo or Hdf5 .
>
> See its never basic xml, usually comes from some database with a walk of tables and strange relationships.
>
> Am I doing it wrong is there a simple way I am missing?
>
> Sayth

When the two young lads from the consultants I was working with back in
2000 found a bug with xml handling in the supplier's software I almost
ended up in tears.  Why?  They didn't bother reporting it, they simply
modified all their unit testing data to work around the problem, so when
we got to integration testing nothing worked at all.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence