Looks like Python 3 files do not confirm to Python 3

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Fri May 1 05:18:38 EDT 2015

Op Friday 1 May 2015 10:05 CEST schreef Mark Lawrence:

> On 01/05/2015 08:16, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>> Op Friday 1 May 2015 08:27 CEST schreef Cecil Westerhof:
>>
>>> On my system in:
>>> /usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/ndg/httpsclient/ssl_peer_verification.py
>>>
>>> it says:
>>> try:
>>> from ndg.httpsclient.subj_alt_name import SubjectAltName
>>> from pyasn1.codec.der import decoder as der_decoder
>>> SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT = True
>>> except ImportError, e:
>>> SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT = False
>>> SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT_MSG = (
>>> 'SubjectAltName support is disabled - check pyasn1 package'
>>> 'installation to enable'
>>> )
>>> import warnings
>>> warnings.warn(SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT_MSG)
>>>
>>> which gives: File
>>> "/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/ndg/httpsclient/ssl_peer_verification.py",
>>> line 17 except ImportError, e:
>>
>> It is solved by making it:
>> except (ImportError) as e:
>>
>> The same for:
>> /usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/ndg/httpsclient/subj_alt_name.py
>>
>> I would not mind to solve those and others if I could contribute
>> them to the Python community. What is the procedure for that?
>>

> You'll have to find out who supports ndg as it's not standard
> Python. The big clue is the site-packages folder name, that's used
> for third party packages. From searching I think it's this
> https://github.com/cedadev/ndg_httpsclient/ but please don't quote
> me on that.

Yeah, I was barking up to the wrong tree.

I found an email address in the sources. The copyright is from 2012,
so hopefully it is still supported.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer