Looks like Python 3 files do not confirm to Python 3

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Fri May 1 03:16:30 EDT 2015

Op Friday 1 May 2015 08:27 CEST schreef Cecil Westerhof:

> On my system in:
> /usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/ndg/httpsclient/ssl_peer_verification.py
>
> it says:
> try:
> from ndg.httpsclient.subj_alt_name import SubjectAltName
> from pyasn1.codec.der import decoder as der_decoder
> SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT = True
> except ImportError, e:
> SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT = False
> SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT_MSG = (
> 'SubjectAltName support is disabled - check pyasn1 package '
> 'installation to enable'
> )
> import warnings
> warnings.warn(SUBJ_ALT_NAME_SUPPORT_MSG)
>
> which gives: File
> "/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/ndg/httpsclient/ssl_peer_verification.py",
> line 17 except ImportError, e:

It is solved by making it:
    except (ImportError) as e:

The same for:
    /usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/ndg/httpsclient/subj_alt_name.py

I would not mind to solve those and others if I could contribute them
to the Python community. What is the procedure for that?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer