Nuitka Progress in Spring 2015

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri May 1 01:45:47 EDT 2015

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:

> On Fri, 1 May 2015 07:01 am, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>
> > http://nuitka.net/posts/nuitka-progress-spring-2015.html
>
> Anyone care to summarise the highlights

Nuitka Progress in Spring 2015

* SSA (Single State Assignment Form): will allow Nuitka to be an
  *optimising* compiler for Python.

* Scalability: Nuitka uses less memory now, and generates smaller code
  output.

* Compatibility: will pass the Python 3.4 test suite. Python 3.5 support
  is coming along. Problems with the import system are gone after a
  complete rewrite of that code.

* Performance: improvements are spotty, but real. More progress needs to
  be made.

* Standalone: steady improvement but no big news.

* Debian Jessie released this month, and contains a packaged Nuitka.

* Funding continues; please send more, this is an independent project.

* EuroPython 2015 will have an appearance by the Nuitka team.

* Collaborators: the infrastructure is there now to join and work on
  developing Nuitka.

<URL:http://vimeo.com/93691338>

--
 \      “A lie can be told in a few words. Debunking that lie can take |
  `\   pages. That is why my book… is five hundred pages long.” —Chris |