Hypothesis 1.0: A production quality property-based testing library for Python

David MacIver david at drmaciver.com
Tue Mar 31 02:41:13 EDT 2015

On 31 March 2015 at 02:51, Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid> wrote:

> David MacIver <david at drmaciver.com> writes:
> > Hypothesis is based on Quickcheck
> > (https://wiki.haskell.org/Introduction_to_QuickCheck2)
>
> This is great.  Have you looked at the Erlang version of Quickcheck?  It
> may have aspects more directly applicable to Python, since Erlang is
> dynamically typed like Python is.

I actually haven't looked at it much. I've read some of the associated
papers, but due to a mix of my not really knowing erlang well and it being
proprietary it's not as useful for idea mining as I'd like it to be. I have
some friends who are more extensive users of it who I've talked to a bit
about it for feature comparisons though.