Image rotation issue

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:47:53 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 8:22 AM,  <kai.peters at gmail.com> wrote:
> rotimg = img.rotate(270) # rotation is counterclockwise

Unless the 90 and 270 cases are documented as being handled specially,
I'd look for a dedicated function for doing those changes. A quick
perusal of the docs showed up this:

http://pillow.readthedocs.org/en/latest/reference/Image.html#PIL.Image.Image.transpose

Is that any better, or is that doing the exact same thing as rotate()?

By the way:

> The black & white only device (1024 (X) x 1280 (Y)) expects the compressed data based on portrait mode, i.e. 8 pixels combined into one bytes for 1280 rows of 128 bytes.

This sounds to me like the fax standard. I wonder, can you make use of
a TIFF library to do some of your work for you?

ChrisA