Hypothesis 1.0: A production quality property-based testing library for Python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Mar 30 16:37:34 EDT 2015

On 3/30/2015 2:44 PM, David MacIver wrote:
> Hypothesis is a Python library for turningunit tests into generative
> tests, covering a far wider range of cases thanyou can manually. Rather
> than just testing for thethings you already know about, Hypothesis goes
> out and actively hunts forbugs in your code.It usually finds them, and
> when it does it gives you simple and easy to read examples to demonstrate.

Iteresting.  Some years ago, Vickor Stinner wrote a fuzzing module
(fusil?).  I believe he found some bugs in the stdlib with it.

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0484/
proposes the addition of a 'typing' module for defining types beyond the
builtins and ABCs, such as List(int), Union(tuple, list).  If and when
it is accepted and added (maybe 3.5, maybe later), you should consider
having Hypothesis accept the notations that it can work with.

--
Terry Jan Reedy