Python 3 lack of support for fcgi/wsgi.

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:15:39 EDT 2015

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:47:23 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid>
> wrote:
>> 2b. John, thank you for describing your experience and making the
>> community's picture of the current overall state of Python 3 more
>> accurate.  It was apparently a bit too rosy before, and we should avoid
>> fostering unrealistic expectations in the future.

> Not without some evidence of where this "a bit too rosy" picture came
> from. So far, we've had rebuttals of vaguenesses, which pretty much
> amount to FUD.

I went and looked earlier - the HOWTO on the Python 3 documentation site
<https://docs.python.org/3.4/howto/webservers.html> appears to be almost
a straight copy of the HOWTO from the Python 2 documentation. <https://
docs.python.org/2/howto/webservers.html>

As such, it should either be updated to ensure that any external
libraries and modules are Python 3 compatible, have a suitable caveat
inserted, or be removed.

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com