Python 3 lack of support for fcgi/wsgi.

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sun Mar 29 21:03:15 EDT 2015

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:
> Why are you discussing it as though Python 3 is at fault?  What do you
> expect to change *about Python 3* that would address the perceived
> problem? Whose responsibility is it to do that?

Those questions seem unfair to me.  Nagle posted an experience report
about a real-world project to migrate a Python 2 codebase to Python 3.
He reported hitting more snags than some of us might expect purely from
the Python 3 propaganda ("oh, just run the 2to3 utility and it does
everything for you").  The report presented info worth considering for
anyone thinking of doing a 2-to-3 migration of their own, or maybe even
choosing between 2 and 3 for a new project.  I find reports like that to
be valuable whether or not they suggest fixes for the snags.

Meanwhile here's a very well informed post about headaches with Python
3's treatment of Unicode.  I had always thought Python 3's main benefit
was to fix the headaches of Python 2's somewhat accidental treatment of
Unicode.  But it looks like Python 3 introduces its own Unicode headaches.

http://lucumr.pocoo.org/2014/5/12/everything-about-unicode/