Python 3 lack of support for fcgi/wsgi.

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Mar 29 18:58:03 EDT 2015

John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> writes:
(for some reason quoting himself extensively without further comment)

> On 3/29/2015 1:19 PM, John Nagle wrote:

> >> I disagree. In a section where it describes FastCGI, it presents a tiny
> >> example as a way to test the packages installed. The example happens to
> >> use ‘flup’.
> >>
> >> That's quite different from a recommendation.

You don't respond to that. So I take it that you won't be claiming any
more that the documentation “recommends” use of ‘flup’?

> >> You have found yet another poorly-maintained package which is not
> >> at all the responsibility of Python 3.
> >> Why are you discussing it as though Python 3 is at fault?
> >
> >    That's a denial problem. Uncritical fanboys are part of the
> > problem, not part of the solution.

To be critical entails rejecting an assertion presented without
supporting evidence.

You have provided none for your assertion that an unmaintained
third-party library is somehow a special failure of Python 3.

You removed relevant critical questions without responding to them. Let
me continue to ask these critical questions, in hope of getting a
pertinent response this time:

Why are you discussing it as though Python 3 is at fault? What do you
expect to change *about Python 3* that would address the perceived
problem? Whose responsibility is it to do that?

In the absence of good answers to those questions, the proper critical
response would be to dismiss your unsupported claims.

--
 \     “Guaranteed to work throughout its useful life.” —packaging for |
  `\                                          clockwork toy, Hong Kong |