Strategy/ Advice for How to Best Attack this Problem?

Saran Ahluwalia ahlusar.ahluwalia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 07:32:48 EDT 2015

Below are the function's requirements. I am torn between using the OS module or some other quick and dirty module. In addition, my ideal assumption that this could be cross-platform. "Records" refers to contents in a file. What are some suggestions from the Pythonistas?

* Monitors a folder for files that are dropped throughout the day

* When a file is dropped in the folder the program should scan the file

o IF all the records in the file have the same length

o THEN the file should be moved to a "success" folder and a text file written indicating the total number of records processed

o IF the file is empty OR the records are not all of the same length

o THEN the file should be moved to a "failure" folder and a text file written indicating the cause for failure (for example: Empty file or line 100 was not the same length as the rest).