Supply condition in function call

Larry Hudson orgnut at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 27 20:26:39 EDT 2015

On 03/26/2015 06:56 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
>> After selecting the line above [inside python inside help(filter) ]for
>> cut-pasting here, by mistake I pressed Ctrl-C rather than Ctrl-Shift-C
>> An exception was thrown and the terminal remained in some sort of raw mode
>> even after exiting python
>
> Yes, confirmed. It'll be something to do with what happens when you
> have 'less' and readline working together, probably.
>
> Tip: Use Ctrl-Insert rather than Ctrl-Shift-C. It's the more standard
> keystroke anyway.
>
> ChrisA

It seems that many people are not aware of the standard Unix/Linux middle-click copy method.

Highlight the selection you want copied, move the mouse cursor to the location you want it
copied to and middle-click with the mouse.  Works between programs as well as within a single
program.  And it copies directly without going through the clipboard.

I use this all the time, VERY handy.  It's been standard in Unix/Linux since forever...  :-)

      -=- Larry -=-