pycurl.error: (55, 'select/poll returned error')

Nagy László Zsolt gandalf at shopzeus.com
Fri Mar 27 02:59:58 EDT 2015

When calling  curl.perform() on a curl instance I get this:

pycurl.error: (55, 'select/poll returned error')

On the server side, there is no error message at all. I suppose that the
curl client tries to call select/poll on the socket. It fails and then
returns with an error.

This error happens only if the file to be POST-ed is big enough. Last
week files were under 1GB and everything went fine. Files above about
1GB cannot be sent over with curl.

I have found some threads on the net about this bug, but I couldn't find
any solution.

Python version:

Python 3.4.3 (default, Mar  5 2015, 22:48:48)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible FreeBSD Clang 3.4.1 (tags/RELEASE_34/dot1-final
208032)] on freebsd10

Curl version:

'PycURL/7.19.5.1 libcurl/7.41.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1j zlib/1.2.8'

I need to use this program to backup files. The backup program itself
has lots of code tied to pycurl so it would be difficult to change to a
different library.

Thanks

    Laszlo

believed to be clean.