What is elegant way to do configuration on server app

Jerry OELoo oyljerry at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 23:26:12 EDT 2015

Hi.
I have used python to provide a web service app, it will running 7*24,
and it will return some data to client by API.

Now I want to add some extra data in return data, ex, "status = 1",
and I want this value 1 can be configured, that means I can control
that service app return status with 0, 1 or other value, and I want to
keep service running always.

Currently, I can just think out that I put status into a configure
file, and service schedule read this file and get status value, Is
there any other elegant way to achieve this? What is standard way in
python for this requirement?

Thanks!

Best Regards
Jerry