test1

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 25 19:57:11 EDT 2015

On 25/03/2015 23:43, Tiglath Suriol wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 6:38:09 PM UTC-4, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 6:49 AM,  wrote:
>>> Two possibilities:
>>>
>>>     You are a moderator. If you are a moderator you are welcome to delete my tests posts. This is of course improbably because this newsgroup is not moderated.
>>
>> You misunderstand newsgroups and mailing lists. Posts do not get
>> deleted after the event. Even on a web forum, where an administrator
>> can delete posts, the information is already out there; the instant
>> any one person has seen your post, you've lost control of it. So think
>> about what you post - especially when (as in your other thread) it
>> contains private information.
>>
>>> The other possibility is that you are just a guy, who despite the fact that my posts cost you nothing, and you are absolutely free to ignore them, your life is so dull that that you just must intervene and comment on anything you do not comprehend, because appointing yourself net cop is about as exciting as it gets.
>>>
>>> It's a free country, I know.  You have every right to engage in pathetic speech.
>>
>> You also misunderstand freedom. I suggest you explore all three
>> concepts (freedom, newsgroups, and mailing lists), and learn what
>> you're actually dealing with. You may find the results rewarding.
>>
>> ChrisA
>
> You open my post you see it's some code.  No questions.  You move on.
>
> But no, you NEED to impart advice where not has been solicited.
>
> If I had added "Please ignore" to the title of my posts, I would still be writing this to you, and other smartasses.  I've dealt with people like you in newsgroups for a long time, you just think you have a mortgage here and there is no pie that does not deserve your finger.  In the real world we call you: fishwife.
>
> Will you ignore me, please?

You might be used to dealing with other people in other newsgroups.
This is the Python main mailing list/newsgroup.  There is a rather more
civilised way of doing things around here.  As for ignoring you, why
don't you simply stop posting, then we won't have to?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence