Sudoku solver

John Ladasky john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 25 14:44:59 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 4:39:40 AM UTC-7, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> I post below a sudoku solver. I eagerly await neater implementations (as
> well as bug reports).

So, it's a brute-force, recursive solver?  The code is nice and short.  But I bet it takes a long time to run.

I and a student of mine are working on Sudoku solvers which solve puzzles the way that humans would.  Smart, pattern-recognition strategies take less time to run... but, obviously, far more time to turn into code!