PiCxx

π sunfish7 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 11:45:45 EDT 2015

Hello Python people,

I've made a C++ wrapper for Python.
I've called it PiCxx and put it up here: https://github.com/p-i-/PiCxx <https://github.com/p-i-/PiCxx>

That project runs out of the box on OS X and should be pretty easy to adapt for other OS.  Any help providing demo projects for other platforms is most welcome (especially iOS/Android)!

Currently I've only provided support for Python 3.x, is that is all I need in my own work.  2.x would not be too much extra trouble.

PiCxx presents a viable alternative to Boost::Python and PyCXX -- I didn't want to use either of those two because I didn't want to introduce a Boost dependency and I found the internals of PyCXX impenetrable, so I set about doing a (C++11) rewrite.

I've ditched the idea of splitting off a different C++ class for each PyFoo_Type.  Instead I have an Object class to mirror PyObject.

Feel free to contact me by email or (even better) webchat.freenode.net <http://webchat.freenode.net/> #pi

Happy spring '15,

π (pi)

PS Note I haven't subscribed to this mailing list, so I may not catch replies!