Daylight savings time question

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 18:56:13 EDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Dan Stromberg <drsalists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way of "adding" 4 hours and getting a jump of 5 hours on
> March 8th, 2015 (due to Daylight Savings Time), without hardcoding
> when to spring forward and when to fall back?  I'd love it if there's
> some library that'll do this for me.

Fundamentally, this requires knowledge of timezone data. That means
you have to select a political time zone, which basically means you
want the Olsen database (tzdata) which primarily works with city
names. I'm not sure whether "US/Pacific" is suitable; I usually use
"America/Los_Angeles" for Pacific US time.

But that aside, what Gary said is what I would recommend.

ChrisA