OT Intuitionism+Platonism+Mysticism => CS (was Deep comparison of dicts...)

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 02:01:47 EDT 2015

On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 7:40:31 PM UTC+5:30, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Rustom Mody:
>
> > In all fairness to Chris, there have been notable mathematicians in
> > the last 100 years who have said more or less exactly what Chris is
> > saying: "The set ℝ is nonsense."
>
> Intuitionism is nonsense.

You are challenging me?!?! Come on lets have it out!!

On second thoughts Ive misplaced my boxing gloves.
[And my legs are more reliable than my arms..........
]

> > In fact these fights are the very reason that CS came into existence.
>
> I trace it to Hilbert's program.

And on third thoughts:
What was Hilbert's program in defence against?

Seriously:

I dont take a side on these matters [Or which side do you see me on?]

However I am talking some historical facts, viz:
Because some nuts did the 20th century equivalent of:
"Break each others' heads about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin"
therefore much of the world around us exists as it does (for better or worse)
including my (and I guess your) degree and job.