Windows service in production?

Raymond Cote rgacote at Appropriatesolutions.com
Fri Mar 20 14:29:02 EDT 2015

Years and years ago we found a module called ntsvc which allows us to run as a Service on Windows.
We’ve been using it since well before 2011 to build 32-bit services on Windows with py2exe.
If you contact me directly, I’ll dig it out of our source tree and post it on a shared location.

Alternatively, you may want to look at a service manager such as: https://nssm.cc
This allows you to run a standard executable as a Windows Service.
We’ve just started looking down this path ourselves since we’re looking to move to Python 3.x and want to reduce our dependencies as much as possible.
—Ray