Threading: execute a callback function in the parent thread

massi_srb at msn.com massi_srb at msn.com
Fri Mar 20 13:29:40 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

just like the title says I'm searching for a mechanism which allows to call a callback function from a thread, being the callback executed in the parent thread (it can also be the main thread). I'm basically looking for something like the CallAfter method of the wx or the signal slot mechanism of the pyqt. Is there something similar but made only in native python? any workaround is welcome.

Thanks in advance.