UnboundLocalError in TKinter, SQLAlchemy script.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Mar 19 05:42:57 EDT 2015

On 3/19/2015 4:23 AM, Chris Kavanagh wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 5:37:53 PM UTC-4, Terry Reedy wrote:

>> You comment out apparently irrelevant lines and see if you still have
>> the same problem, and if you do, delete.  Repeat until you have a
>> Minimal Complete Verifiable Example.

> Thanks. . .Understood now.

I should mention that the other approach to the same end is to start a
new 'experiment' file that starts with what might be the minimum and
adds more only if the error is not reproduced.  I sometimes do this with
posted SO code.  With tkinter questions, 10 lines (versus an original
and incomplete code of, say, 50 lines) is typically enough.  Answering
with such an MCVE, along with the usually simple fix, focuses attention
on the particular issue

--
Terry Jan Reedy