Georeferencing Image with GDAL

Sumesh K.C. rockingsumes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 04:00:31 EDT 2015

Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to georeference image with GDAL.

I've a number of GCPs (Ground Control Points) that can be easily identified on the image. And what I'm trying is to create a program to georeference image by entering the GCP value on the corresponding point on the image (in terms of rows and columns) without using the stand-alone application i.e. gdal_translate.

I'm trying to do everything for the beginning.

Can anyone guide me, how i should start?

Thank you, in advance!