Python script output in file

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 06:49:34 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 4:06:05 PM UTC+5:30, Robert Clove wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a perl script named "my_eth-traffic.pl" which calculates the tx and rx speed of the Ethernet interface in Mb.
>
> I want to run this script from another script and want the output in other file.
> So i wrote the following script but not getting the output.
>

> #!/usr/bin/python
>
> import sys
> import subprocess
> import datetime
> import os
> import time
>
> comand8 = "/root/Desktop/my_eth-traffic.pl eth0 M"

>From Popen docs
https://docs.python.org/2/library/subprocess.html#subprocess.Popen

Note in particular that options  and arguments  that are separated by
whitespace in the shell go in separate list elements, while arguments that need
quoting or backslash escaping when used in the shell (such as filenames...

So (I guess) you should try
comand8 = ["/root/Desktop/my_eth-traffic.pl", "eth0", "M"]
Or better
comand8 = ["perl", "/root/Desktop/my_eth-traffic.pl", "eth0", "M"]
containing spaces or the echo command shown above) are single list elements.