generator/coroutine terminology

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 23:55:22 EDT 2015

On 17/03/2015 03:33, Rustom Mody wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 8:55:27 AM UTC+5:30, Mark Lawrence wrote:

>>> Ok so lets see...
>>> https://docs.python.org/3.4/tutorial/classes.html#generators
>>> https://docs.python.org/3.4/glossary.html#term-generator
>>>
>>> Are these consistent with (your notion of) python?
>>> Maybe they are "any other language"?
>>>

>> I'll already suggested you write the patches and put them on the bug
>> tracker.  If you can't be bothered please have the courtesy to stop
>> bleating about it.
>
> Here are two of your posts (within a couple of hours)
>
> 1.
>> So the docs are confused and inconsistent but in an open source
>> community it's not *MY* responsibility to deal with it, somebody else can.
>> Making mountains out of mole hills is all I see in this entire thread.
>
> 2.
>> No.  In Python potato is a generator function, tomato is a generator.
>> Why complicate something that is so simple?  I couldn't care less what
>> they are called in any other language.
>
> I understand the first as saying: "Since something is wrong correct it; Dont bleat!"

The first is saying that *YOU* are complaining that the docs are
inconsistent but *YOU* won't do anything about it.

> The second is saying "Nothing is wrong!"

The second is saying that those are *MY* definitions that *I'M*
perfectly happy with.

> Please decide which side you belong

The side which hopes you give up this now very tedious thread.  Mario's
response a few minutes back summed things up perfectly.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence