Dict comprehensions - improvement to docs?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Mar 16 02:57:02 EDT 2015

"Frank Millman" <frank at chagford.com> writes:

> This is what the library reference says about lists -
[…]

> If you did not know about dict comprehensions, there is nothing to
> tell you that they even exist.
>
> I feel that it should be mentioned.

It *is* mentioned, but not in the standard library documentation.
Comprehensions are a language feature, not a library module.

You seem to expect that the standard library documentation should *also*
teach every aspect of syntax. I don't agree.

--
 \         “I got contacts, but I only need them when I read, so I got |
  `\                                         flip-ups.” —Steven Wright |