Python 2 to 3 conversion - embrace the pain

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 23:22:36 EDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> wrote:
>> I would say that time clearly isn't the issue. Nine years IS enough...
>> if it's a matter of time. But since the bugs are still there, it means
>> that the problem is a lack of usage. Solution: Use it! Do the port to
>> Python 3, and file those upstream bug reports.
>

> One should mention that John did all of that.

Yep. I'm not saying that John did the wrong thing; what I'm saying is
that, sometimes, this kind of pain is the exact thing that makes life
better for everyone else. Someone has to be first, and if everyone
shies away from something for fear of being first, everyone misses out
on the benefit.

ChrisA