Python 2 to 3 conversion - embrace the pain

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 20:38:56 EDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> "Some of the bugs I listed are so easy to hit that I suspect those
> packages aren't used much.  Those bugs should have been found years
> ago.  Fixed, even.  I shouldn't be discovering them in 2015."
>
> Clearly a mere nine years is NOT long enough. Which is probably why the
> Python core developers are supporting Python 2 until 2020. Library authors
> will presumably be offering Python 2 compatibility for even longer.

I would say that time clearly isn't the issue. Nine years IS enough...
if it's a matter of time. But since the bugs are still there, it means
that the problem is a lack of usage. Solution: Use it! Do the port to
Python 3, and file those upstream bug reports.

ChrisA