More or less code in python?

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 14:31:31 EDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 2:07 PM,  <jonas.thornvall at gmail.com> wrote:
> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Javascript">
>
> function naiveAdd(base,arrOne,arrTwo) {
> if (arrOne.length>=arrTwo.length) {length=arrOne.length;} else {length=arrTwo.length;}
> out="";
> remainder=0;
> for (i=0;i<length;i++){
> one=arrOne[i];
> two=arrTwo[i];
> one=parseInt(one);
> two=parseInt(two);
> if (isNaN(one)) one = 0;
> if (isNaN(two)) two = 0;
> sum=one+two+remainder;
>
> if (sum>=base) { sum=sum-base; remainder=1;} else {remainder=0;}
> out=","+sum+out;
> }
> if (remainder==1) out=remainder+out;
> return out;
> }
> base=16;
> strOne="2,2";
> strTwo="13,13";
> arrOne=strOne.split(",");
> arrTwo=strTwo.split(",");
> arrOne.reverse();
> arrTwo.reverse();
> naiveAdd(base,arrOne,arrTwo);
> document.write("Sum = ",out,"<BR>");
> </SCRIPT>
> --

I'm guessing less, if your question is whether this code would be
fewer lines in python.  However, it would be nice if you formatted it
so that it is readable, and gave a description of what you think the
code is doing, or should be doing.  Its an odd question in that python
generally runs on a server and javascript in a browser

--
Joel Goldstick
http://joelgoldstick.com