The idle gui

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sat Mar 14 09:04:29 EDT 2015

On 03/14/2015 05:57 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Dave Angel <davea at davea.name> wrote:
>> Not if you don't take it to him.  If you just call him on the phone, and say
>> "Jimmy doesn't work" he doesn't even know what make and model the vehicle
>> is.  Or whether it's even a car.  Maybe "it" is a son who refuses to get a
>> job.
>
> In the OP's defense, we were at least told that the "idle gui" was the
> thing that didn't work. So unless you named your son "gui", we can
> safely assume that this isn't the case :)

I wasn't actually trying to pick on the OP this time, but to make a
joke.  Jimmy is the common nickname model of an SUV (truck/car), by
General Motors. Idle could be taken two ways (if it weren't for the
capitalization), or even three  (My Chevy won't idle.).

My father used to tell a triple pun involving the John Deere, and I
can't recall it.

It's been said that puns are the lowest form of humor, but I rather like
them.

--
DaveA