Python 2 to 3 conversion - embrace the pain

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 14 05:05:25 EDT 2015

On 13/03/2015 21:08, John Nagle wrote:
>    I'm approaching the end of converting a large system from Python 2 to
> Python 3.  Here's why you don't want to do this.

One reason why you should
https://speakerdeck.com/pyconslides/python-3-dot-3-trust-me-its-better-than-python-2-dot-7-by-dr-brett-cannon

Of course I understand the problems of time when it comes to porting
code.  Taking this Tue Mar 21 06:19:36 CET 2006, the time of the first
email on the Python 3000 development mailing list, as the start date for
Python 3, developers have only had nine years to port their libraries.
Rome wasn't destroyed in a day? :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence