Code hosting providers

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Fri Mar 13 17:35:28 EDT 2015

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:
> Also worth watching is Kallithea, a new federated code hosting service ...
> Good hunting in finding a free-software code hosting provider for your
> projects!

Should also put in a mention for Savannah (savannah.gnu.org for GNU
projects and savannah.nongnu.org for non-GNU free software) as the
provider most philosophically committed to free software.  In technical
terms I think it's a fork of an early version of Sourceforge, so it's a
bit old fashioned, but some good projects are there, and I'll probably
use it if the need arises.  It runs several VCS's including Arch,
Bazaar, CVS, Git, Mercurial, and SVN.

Also, if you like the avant-garde, hub.darcs.net might be of interest.
I had an account on patch-tag.com (darcs host) for a while, but it
apparently shut down last year.