My emails are getting bounced?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 18:08:52 EDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 8:56 AM, Ryan Gonzalez <rymg19 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your membership in the mailing list Python-ideas has been disabled due
> to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
> 12-Mar-2015.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
> you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more reminders like
> this before your membership in the list is deleted.

I also got this notification, and in the past, it's been because Gmail
mishandles spam - bouncing it instead of either accepting or
discarding it. The post gets handed between Gmail and Mailman until
one of them gives up, and in this case, it's Mailman. It may be that
that's what happened again. (Irony would be if the post originated
from Google Groups, which would mean it got past the Google spam
filter on one side, but tripped the filter on the other side.)

ChrisA