__new__() does not return anything, on singletong pattern

Mario Figueiredo marfig at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 15:50:19 EDT 2015

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 21:41:16 +1300, Gregory Ewing
<greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

>Mario Figueiredo wrote:
>> But PyCharm flags the assignment
>> with a warning telling me that generate() does not return anything and
>> the I lose code completion on the mmap variable.
>
>My guess is that there is a syntax error somewhere
>in your code that's confusing the IDE.

It's a PyCharm bug actually. Confirmed here:

https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/PY-11990

(sidenote: I wasn't finding that before. YouTrack search engine really
needs to handle better word contractions. It was only when I was
filling a bug report myself that it came up with that one in the list
of possible related issues.)