Letter class in re

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Mon Mar 9 11:04:53 EDT 2015

Op 09-03-15 om 15:44 schreef Chris Angelico:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 1:41 AM, Antoon Pardon
> <antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be> wrote:
>> Op 09-03-15 om 14:35 schreef Chris Angelico:
>>> Possibly because computer language parsers don't use regular expressions. :)
>>>
>> Trying to be funny by being pedantic. Maybe your experience is different from mine,
>> but it rarely seems to work IMO.
> Not sure what you mean there - what "rarely seems to work"? I've never
> written a language parser based on regexps, which is the point of what
> I was saying.

May be you should pay better attention then to the history of the thread.
I am not talking about parsing, I am talking about lexical analysis and
that does uses regular expressions. And the result of that is used rather
frequently for parsing computer languages,even if the parsing itself
doesn't use regular expressions.

--
Antoon Pardon