HELP!! How to ask a girl out with a simple witty Python code??

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 6 06:53:40 EST 2015

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 14:23:22 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:

> No. I'm saying that it's clear the person saying “get their panties all
> up in a bunch” fully intends to convey specifically *female* underwear,
> and thereby to use implied femininity as an insult.
>
> Yes, of course I know some people who aren't female wear panties. Yes,
> of course I know some women wear underwear that isn't panties. Don't try
> to change the topic with absurd logical extremes that I didn't raise.
>
> I'm talking about the implication of the comment as a gendered insult.
>
>> It's only gender specific if you accept the sexist gendered stereotype
>> that all women are by definition thin-skinned and excessively
>> sensitive.
>
> Bullshit. I said nothing about the sensitivity of anyone. Individual
> women you may know – even *all* women, everywhere – could be as tough as
> nails, and it doesn't address the point I'm raising.
>
> Whether any particular woman is targeted or not, the comment I'm
> responding to invokes female gender as an implied insult. That's
> unwelcoming to women, and I don't want such unwelcoming attitudes in
> this community.

I have not seen one female poster on this site claim to be offended by
the comment or even consider it to be a slur.

I doubt that the original poster of the comment intended it to be either
& most people reading it would have known that (regardless of their
gender)

one thing i personally find offensive is when someone raises an issue on
someone else's behalf because they THINK they MIGHT get offended without
bothering to check.

I am not female so this particular instance does not relate to me but an
example from a few years ago was when a popular UK soap made an extreme
effort not to show a cross or Christmas tree during a church wedding in
case it "offended not-Christians".

I am a non-Christian & found that decision offensive.

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for.