HELP!! How to ask a girl out with a simple witty Python code??

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Mar 6 02:57:42 EST 2015

> * Two people then go back and forth about whether or not the previous
> three posts were offensive.

I called out a specific gendered slur as such. Nothing to do with
“offense”, and I made no such claim.

> The whole field of getting vicariously offended is a mess.

It's a good thing I was not doing that, then. I was calling out an
anti-female slur where I saw it.

> All we have is people getting annoyed on behalf of an unspecified
> person or group of people

If you missed the specified group, I'll say it again: Anyone who is
female had their gender used as though it were an insult.

That's not welcoming to women, and if it goes unchallenged then we give
the perception it is acceptable. It is not, so we must say so as clearly
as we can.

Where people have further misrepresented my complaint or my position,
I've necessarily corrected them. Hopefully I've been clear enough that
no-one needs to once more impute words or motivations to me that I never
expressed.

--
 \        “The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more |
  `\         expected.” —Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Ed., 1972-06-12 |