rst and pypandoc

alb al.basili at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 15:50:16 EST 2015

Hi Gregory,

Gregory Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
[]
> From a cursory reading of the pypandoc docs, it looks
> like enabling the raw_tex extension in pypandoc will
> give you what you want.
>
> Search for raw_tex on this page:
>
> http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html

As far as I understood the docs, it seems this extension should be
passed to pandoc through +EXTERNSION, but I don't seem to get it
working:

In [14]: print pypandoc.convert(s, 'latex', format="md+raw_tex")
RuntimeError                              Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-14-f41e67057a59> in <module>()
----> 1 print pypandoc.convert(s, 'latex', format="md+raw_tex")

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pypandoc.pyc in convert(source, to, format, extra_args, encoding)
     25     '''
     26     return _convert(_read_file, _process_file, source, to,
---> 27                     format, extra_args, encoding=encoding)
     28
     29

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pypandoc.pyc in _convert(reader, processor, source, to, format, extra_args, encoding)
     50         raise RuntimeError(
     51             'Invalid input format! Expected one of these: ' +
---> 52             ', '.join(from_formats))
     53
     54     if to not in to_formats:

RuntimeError: Invalid input format! Expected one of these: native, json, markdown, markdown+lhs, rst, rst+lhs, docbook, textile, html, latex, latex+lhs