(Still OT) It's not the size of the vocabulary that matters, but what you do with it [was Re: Python Worst Practices]

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Mar 1 21:35:50 EST 2015

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> Well... when we've got states bigger than some countries...

A Texan farmer goes to Australia on vacation. There he meets an Aussie
farmer and gets to talking. They walk around the farm a little, and the
Aussie shows off his herd of cattle. The Texan immediately replies, “Our
Texan longhorns are at least twice as large as your cows.”

The Aussie shows off his big wheat field and the Texan says, “In Texas, our
wheat fields are ten times as big as that!”

Just then a herd of kangaroos hop through the field. The Texan does a
double-take and says "What in San Quentin are those?”

The Aussie replies “Don’t you have any grasshoppers in Texas?”

The Texan recovers quickly and says “Of course we do, I’ve just never seen
them that color before. You’ve got a nice farm, but it’s a bit small. Back
home, when I drive around the ranch checking the fences, I get in my SUV at
4 in the morning, and don’t get back home until 11 the next night.”

The Aussie replies “Ah yes, I had a car like that once. American-made, is
it?”

--
Steve