Question about python package numpy

fl rxjwg98 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 17:23:25 EST 2015

On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 1:25:59 PM UTC-8, Andrea D'Amore wrote:
> On 2015-03-01 20:32:34 +0000, fl said:
>
> > import numpy
> > it succeeds. On http://wiki.scipy.org/Cookbook, it shows some interesting
> > code example snippet, such as Cookbook / ParticleFilter, Markov chain etc.
>
> > I don't know how I can access these code examples, because I don't know where
> > Enthought Canopy installs these package.
>
> Did you check Canopy's documentation?
>
> Are you sure the examples in cookbook are installed with the package?
> You can print numpy.__file__ to know where the package is installed.
>
> At [1] I see "You can get the source code for this tutorial here:
> tandemqueue.py" with link to the file, why don't you get the source
> files for the example from their pages?
>

> [1] http://wiki.scipy.org/Cookbook/Solving_Large_Markov_Chains
>
> --
> Andrea

Thanks for your reply. I learned Python for about one week ago. The link
in your reply does look like executable. But the second snippet about
particle filter, see below please, looks award. i.e. I do not see the
connection between the first and the second code snippet. I should save
them to one .py file? Or save to two files? What name should be for the
second file?

Thanks again.

http://wiki.scipy.org/Cookbook/ParticleFilter

The following code shows the tracker operating on a test sequence featuring
a moving square against a uniform background.
Toggle line numbers
   1 if __name__ == "__main__":
   2   from pylab import *
   3   from itertools import izip