Python Worst Practices

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Sun Mar 1 12:52:32 EST 2015

Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk>:

> On 01/03/2015 17:01, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
>> What you (or I) speak in our native surroundings is up to you (and
>> me).
>>
>> However, when I exhange software engineering ideas with you, I wish
>> both of us could stick to American English.
>
> Well I'm not going to, so tough, or is that togh? Colour, harbour,
> tyre, antogonise are the way I spell words, and I'm not changing the
> habits of a lifetime simply because I'm on a technical site.

Wow, a somewhat Chauvinistic attitude, wouldn't you say? The French will
learn it. The Germans will learn it. Us Finns will learn it. Only you
won't learn it because you won't change the habits of a lifetime.

I mean, nobody's taking away your native language. It's just that
everybody's got to learn a foreign language. The learning curve
shouldn't be too steep for a native Brit.

Marko