Python Worst Practices

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 1 11:38:57 EST 2015

On 01/03/2015 16:16, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info>:
>
>> Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
>>> Learn it like everybody else has to.
>>
>> Stockholm Syndrome :-)
>>
>> "I learned English, and so everyone else should too."
>
> No, the point is that if everybody else has taken the trouble of
> learning American English, it shouldn't be too much to ask for the
> British to make an effort as well.
>
> You can watch TV programmes at home, but in the office, you should be
> writing Python programs.
>
> (Spelling deviations are actually minor nuisances. A bigger problem is
> when a Brit thinks they can use their home accent in international
> contexts.)
>

> Marko

Are you suggesting that we Brits have a single "home accent"?  If you
are, you need to stand up as your voice is rather muffled.  That by the
way is a British expression that may or may not be used around the
Commonwealth.  Should we unlearn it to fit in with American English?
Two chances, zero or none.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence