enumerate XML tags (keys that will become headers) along with text (values) and write to CSV in one row (as opposed to "stacked" values with one header)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 08:40:27 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>         My system takes something like three hours just to generate a 500GB
> backup (one partition each week -- I have a 4TB backup drive with only
> 740GB free; the other drives are only half full or I'd need an 8TB backup).
> And that's using a compiled backup program -- I'd hate to consider what
> Python would require to backup the partition.

Probably about the same, actually. In my experience, there's often
very little speed difference between a straight 'dd' from one
partition to another (say, making a disk image prior to data recovery)
and doing more complicated work (say, archiving and compressing).
Until you actually manage to saturate your CPU with the workload
(video editing or something), the time is most likely to be dominated
by the disk platters.

ChrisA