Linear time baseconversion

Ben Bacarisse ben.usenet at bsb.me.uk
Mon Jun 29 20:09:06 EDT 2015

Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 4:39 PM,  <jonas.thornvall at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://jt.node365.se/baseconversion8.html
<snip>
> By the way, I think you have a bug. I did my time testing by
> concatenating the default input number to itself several times. At
> 5184 decimal digits, which was the last case I tried, the 58th output
> digit was 1111111, after which point the remaining 672 output digits
> are all 12665464, which seemed rather improbable.

Yes, it's a bug.  Because it's off-topic, I won't say more here but I
posted a simpler test case to comp.lang.javacript just now (10000000
converted to base 100).  I would not normally reply here, but I wanted
to acknowledge your post as prompting me to look for other cases.
Followup-to: set.

--
Ben.